We want our guests to feel at home at Ubuntu Luxury Villa; fed by nature, nurtured by beauty, and able to tap into the sense of place that we’ve found so remarkable since our very first visit to this part of South Africa. This page will give you an overview of Ubuntu Luxury Villa and information you will need to plan your stay and make it as easy as possible. You’re also welcome to contact us with any queries not covered here.
- The villa can only be booked exclusively for a minimum of 2 nights.
- The villa is self-catering, but we can book a private chef for you on availability
- It sleeps a maximum of six people.
- No children under eight years.
- Check in 14.00 and check out times 11.00.
- Access to the estate will be pre-arranged through your booking. And of course you’ll be welcomed by our host at the gate to enter the estate for the first time.
- Pets are NOT allowed.
- There are occasionally leopards that move through the estate, so please be aware of that.
- Treat all animals with respect; they are wild.
- Please never feed the wildlife; animals become habituated and may have to be destroyed!
- Hoedspruit is a low-risk malaria area. Speak to your doctor about prophylactics before you travel.
- We do not accommodate extra beds.
- Smoking is NOT allowed.
- You have 24 access to our host who can assist with any queries.
- The house is cleaned once per week when staying a minimum of 7 nights, with linen and sheets replaced, unless otherwise requested. Should you wish to book extra cleaning during your stay you can do so via your host.
- We can pre-stock the house for you prior to your arrival, based on a shopping list we will send you. Please note groceries are for your own account and will be charged for. We’ve also included some gluten free and vegan options here.
- Catering can be arranged on request.
- The estate has a medical emergency service which covers guests.
- You will find an information booklet in the house.
Rates Ubuntu Luxury Villa
- Our rates start from EURO 225 / ZAR 4.000 (weekdays) / EURO 250 / ZAR 4.500 (weekends) per night based on 2 persons
- Per extra person per night you pay an additional EURO 35 / ZAR 650
- Our minimum stay is 2 nights
- Children are welcome from 8 years and older
- We offer low and high season rates and these may be subject to change without prior notice.
- Contact us to check availability via our CONTACT FORM
- Exclusive use of the villa
- Full access to the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate to walk, cycle and do self-drives
- Water and electricity
- Weekly cleaning, when staying a minimum of 7 nights
- Bed linen & towels
- Access to host
- Grocery Shopping service*
- Extensive Information Guide
* We offer a shopping list which you can use to have the first groceries available for you in the villa upon arrival. We’ve also included some nice ‘vegan’ and gluten-free’ options. These groceries are for your own account and you can pay for them on receipt.
- Refundable breakage deposit of EURO 350 / ZAR 5.000, refunded within 5 days after check-out when all is ok at the villa
Travel documents required
Please bring the following travel documents:
- A valid passport. Please look at the expiry date. According to South African law, a passport needs to be valid at least 6 months after arrival and it needs at least 4 blank pages.
- A valid drivers license. An international drivers license is not necessary, unless you still have a paper license.
- European visitors will receive a visa stamp (without costs) in their passports. Non-European visitors need to check prior to departure if visa is required to travel to South Africa.
- Medical documentation, like prescriptions, information about allergies and medication.
- Travel insurance documentation.
- Check the expiry date of your credit card and pin card before departure. In many cases you need to activate your bank card to use in South Africa.
- Parents traveling with kids (<18) need to bring the official birth certificate of their kids. Always check the actual rules to enter South Africa.
Healthcare and vaccinations
Please check your need for vaccinations before departure to South Africa so you can enjoy your holiday without any worries. Which vaccination you need depends on your age, health condition and prior (as a child) vaccinations.
For most adults who already have had their recommended vaccinations, only DTP and Hepatitis A may be necessary. Always consult your doctor for advice.
Malaria – Hoedspruit is a low-risk malaria area. Speak to your doctor about prophylactics before you travel.
*Remember, this information can change at any time, so check with the relevant authorities before you travel.
We want our guests to feel at home at Ubuntu Luxury Villa; fed by nature, nurtured by beauty, and able to tap into the sense of place that we’ve found so remarkable since our very first visit to this part of South Africa. There is no doubt our time in the Hoedspruit area has changed us for the better – we’ve designed everything to try and share that experience with you.” ~ Owners, Dennis and Anouk.