Terms and Conditions
Having our villa in the South African bush is a dream come true. We would like to offer all our guests the best possible experience during their stay. Of course this comes with some rules. Please familiarize yourselves with the following terms and conditions when booking with us.
These booking and rental conditions form a part of the rental agreement between you, hereafter referred to as the tenant and Ubuntu Luxury Villa, referred to as the owner. When you pay for your booking, you are understood to have agreed with the terms and conditions below.
- Owner liability
Ubuntu Luxury Villa is in no way liable for:
- Any disturbance, change to or impediment of your stay as a tenant, if this is the consequence of any unforeseen and/or insurmountable event.
- Injury of tenant as a result of residence in the villa or while on the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate.
- Lost, theft and damage of/to personal belongings or vehicles of tenant or while on the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate .
- Interruption of the utilities (water, electricity, Wifi-connection) and any resulting inconvenience for the tenant
- Any damage to garments or shrinking by using the washing machine and/or clothes dryer.
- Cancellation by tenant when booked through www.ubuntuvilla.com
- We need email confirmation of any cancellation. This should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of cancellation, the following conditions apply, with the tenant liable to pay the owners as follows: Cancellation more than 3 months prior to start of rental period: 25% of rental fee.
- Between 3 and 2 months prior to start of rental period: 30% of rental fee.
- Between 2 and 1 month prior to start of rental period: 50% of rental fee.
- Between 1 month and the 14th day prior to start of rental period: 75% of rental fee.
- Within 14 days prior to start of rental period: 100% of rental fee.
In case of cancellation, the owner is entitled to rent out the villa again. If the tenant leaves the villa before the end of the rental period, there will be no refund.
- Cancellation by owner
If by any unforeseen circumstances the villa becomes uninhabitable and the owner is forced to cancel the rental agreement, we will notify the tenant immediately. Furthermore, you will be refunded the full value of rent already paid to the owners within 10 days. The owner is not liable for restitution or refund of any other (consequential) damages, discomfort or inconvenience.
- Cleaning of the villa
The villa will be cleaned during a stay longer than 6 nights.
Extra cleaning is on request through your hosts.
Your hosts, Annalie & Kleintjie will discuss this with you on arrival.
The villa will also be cleaned after your departure. We would like to point out a few things before you leave the villa:
- On departure please leave the villa in good condition, i.e. place all furniture back to the original position in the villa.
- Empty the refrigerator / freezer.
- Place all dirty crockery, cutlery etc. in the dishwasher.
- The barbecue/braai areas needs to be cleaned before departure.
- Close and lock all windows and doors.
- Turn-off all air-conditioners and fans in the rooms.
- Empty all trash bins inside and place the rubbish in the courtyard bin.
- Take off all bed linen and place in the provided laundry baskets
- Place all bath towels in the provided laundry baskets.
- You will be advised further as to rubbish disposal, which is handled by your hosts, Annalie & Kleintjie.
- We are a recycling household. Please respect this and use the bins provided.
- The pool is maintained by the owner. Please refrain from adding any chemicals and rather report any issues to your hosts, Annalie & Kleintjie.
- There are additional instructions in the house for use of appliances, etc. Please report any issues to your hosts, Annalie & Kleintjie.
- Maximum number of residents
No more than 6 persons are allowed to stay in the villa. If this number of 6 persons is exceeded, our host has permission to deny entrance to the villa for the extra persons and charge an additional EURO 500,- per person, per night. Failure to comply will result in the cancellation of your booking.
Linen and towels are available in the villa. On departure please remove the bedlinen and place these in the provided laundry baskets.
Please be conscious of electricity usage. Put off the air-conditioning and fans in the rooms before you leave the villa and while not in the rooms.
Please keep in mind that water is scarce in South Africa. Therefore use water wisely.
In our kitchen and at the fridge we have filter water, so you can drink our tap water through the special tab.
Smoking is strictly prohibited through the entire house. Please be extra careful with fire, especially in times of drought.
Enjoy the Boma and the South African Braai, but safety comes first and be aware of the fire and coals. A fire extinguisher is provided in the scullery and a waterhose is provided behind the Boma fence. Please make yourself known to where to find these and look out for the positioning of the braai with respect to the villa and the wind. It’s not allowed to fetch wood, not even dead wood, from the bush to use for Barbecue or a campfire. You can get special firewood in Hoedspruit centre. Please make sure the fire is properly out when you finish using it.
- Arrival and Departure
Check-in is from 2:00 PM and before 7:00 PM. On the day of departure check-out is at 11.00 AM at the latest. On the day of arrival you need to contact your hosts, Annalie & Kleintjie by phone, to arrange the exact time of arrival and update them if your plans change for any reason. Your hosts will meet you at the entrance gate of Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate. The meeting point is at the AVIS office on the left just before the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate gate. If this procedure is not followed the owner will not be responsible for tenants not being able to check in at the villa immediately on arrival.
- Use and Liability
As a tenant, you’re responsible for correct use of the villa.
- This means responsible use of fire, candlelight and the Braai / Boma.
- Be aware of baboons in the area! We don’t want these animals to go into the villa. Please close all sliding doors and windows when leaving the villa.
- Noise disturbance: Our villa is situated on a Wildlife Estate, please keep this in mind with regards to the animals and other residents.
- Use of swimming-pool is at your own risk. Diving is prohibited.
- Use of the viewing-tower is at your own risk.
- You will be charged for any damage to the villa, damage to or missing goods / inventory.
- Any damage, issues or incidents needs to be reported immediately by tenant to your hosts, Annalie & Kleintjie.
- All guests are governed by the rules of the Hoedspruit Wildlife Estate with regards to:
- Maximum speed limit is 30 km/h. Speeding tickets will be invoiced afterwards.
- Feeding of animals is strictly prohibited
- No littering